Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alternator; Rebuild Myself Or New

whoknows118

I just recently bought a paseo for a pretty good price but it seems it's alternator has recently gone out. Local shops here want to charge me high prices for a rebuilt model with exchange and i'm looking for a cheaper solution. I've never rebuilt an alternator but I was curious how difficult it is. I'm pretty mechanically inclinded and have some friends that could help me probably.

The other option is to buy a higher power alternator, because i plan to put a moderate sound system in it in the future, but I'm having a tough time finding out what will actually fit in my car without all sorts of work on the mounts. I was looking at something like this but I don't know if it would fit. That's about the price the stores want to charge me for a rebuilt 55 amp alternator.

Any help from guys here with more experience would be really appreciated. This is my first car and i'm enjoying working on it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links