Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Insurance

eco9rat

just put in car details into comparethemarket.com and 1stly they didnt show iq3 as a model. secondly i quoted on iq2 for a vauge idea and all companies came back with message unable to quote. Does this mean all companies dont insure iqs? I cant drive it! I will phone up my comaany in next few days for quote but i bet they say its not on their system. If its not what do i do if nobody can insure an iq3 and i have one??????

Anyone else have this problem?

just put in car details into comparethemarket.com and 1stly they didnt show iq3 as a model.

Did you use the right site...?

2009jan21.jpg

Click

:lol:

Strange I had noo problems with IQ2 although was in March so had been around for a couple of months.

I use about 5 comparison sites every year and manage to save money everytime but had no problems getting quote for IQ2 as per:

www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/compare-cheap-car-insurance

Just got insurance cover for my IQ1 it was £149 for fully comp dont think that can be beaten!!! and that includes NCD protection too. :)

I had trouble getting quotes to begin with, even by using the dealers demo model registration number it still didn't find it! But luckily a week before i picked mine up in February, it was able to be found manually

I tried getting a quote with Toyota back in Feb but it wasnt even on their systems!! I went with Diamond in the end... £400 fully comp for me and my partner, I got a claim and points and he has got a claim and a ban lol so pretty good!

I had trouble getting quotes to begin with, even by using the dealers demo model registration number it still didn't find it! But luckily a week before i picked mine up in February, it was able to be found manually

I tried getting a quote with Toyota back in Feb but it wasnt even on their systems!! I went with Diamond in the end... £400 fully comp for me and my partner, I got a claim and points and he has got a claim and a ban lol so pretty good!

It should be interesting becuase i have been told i will 7day drive away insurance included with car. I cant drive it home until it has insurance...

Got a quote from esure (who i am with at the moment) this quote was for an iq2. Came out £320 fully comp. I am only paying £352 from same company for my focus st170!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iq3 is bigger engine so will it cost more than that, bet it will.

Mine is through saga with 60% no claims discount did lots of shopping around before going with this company

just put in car details into comparethemarket.com and 1stly they didnt show iq3 as a model. secondly i quoted on iq2 for a vauge idea and all companies came back with message unable to quote. Does this mean all companies dont insure iqs? I cant drive it! I will phone up my comaany in next few days for quote but i bet they say its not on their system. If its not what do i do if nobody can insure an iq3 and i have one??????

Don't know about the iQ3, but we paid around £290 for myself & partner for an iQ2 with LV, I was impressed with their service, & it has UK call centres. (I have three points, and work in a job that bumps the price up slightly too.)

Stephen

Out of interest i got a quote on the 1.33 iQ....

26, 8Yrs NCB, No Points, No Accidents.......

£420!! :o

That's more than i pay for my CTS!! :laughing:

Out of interest i got a quote on the 1.33 iQ....

26, 8Yrs NCB, No Points, No Accidents.......

£420!! :o

That's more than i pay for my CTS!! :laughing:

Well it would be because you dont bother to insure the old mans Corolla :lol: :P

Does this mean all companies dont insure iqs? I cant drive it! I will phone up my comaany in next few days for quote but i bet they say its not on their system. If its not what do i do if nobody can insure an iq3 and i have one??????

Quick update on this. Phoned up and tried to arrange 7 day drive away insurance from dealer. Guess what... sorry that model does not exist!... They insisted it must be an iq2 not iq3 as there was no such model on the system and all iq's come with a 1.0 litre engine so i must be mistaken!!! Argued with them it is iq3 and 1.33 litre and they said they would have to call the underwritters 1st. After hey called them they said they are now closed and i would have to try again tommorow. :angry:

Ontop of this today was supposed to be the delivery date (yesterday they said they were almost certain of this) today called them to arrange pickup and they say its on the boat still and will now be tuesday, probably...

Only good thing was they finally sorted out finances today and came in just over £200 cheaper than predicted quote.

Not looking forward to having to do all this insurance bother again when 7 day runs out and i have to tell my existing insurance comapny about the vechicle and them tell me , it does not exist, i must be wrong........ :angry::angry:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links