Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Wires Near Gearstick

grip

Just took the centre console off my 2000 W reg Yaris GS to clean and repair and found some strange wires running from the dash up to just in front of the gearstick. There are about 3 with what look like factory connectors attached :o

Thought they could be for airbag seats or reversing sensors, do they put these in what ever the model of car :huh:

Just wondering really, not doing any harm but has got me thinking :rolleyes:

Just took the centre console off my 2000 W reg Yaris GS to clean and repair and found some strange wires running from the dash up to just in front of the gearstick. There are about 3 with what look like factory connectors attached :o

Thought they could be for airbag seats or reversing sensors, do they put these in what ever the model of car :huh:

Just wondering really, not doing any harm but has got me thinking :rolleyes:

Thinking can sometimes be a dangerous thing :lol:

They could be the wires for the (Optional) passenger ejection seat switch....................NOT fitted to all models ;) :lol:

Pictures?

dfae7f42ab324e2ba184b34c4a8d9161.jpg

Pictures?

dfae7f42ab324e2ba184b34c4a8d9161.jpg

Sorry! you've posted this on the wrong thread, should be on the options pack for the new yaris 1.0 TR!!!

No you're wrong Stan - if you read the new specifications, there's so much kit been removed from the 1.0TR that the options pack now includes steering wheel, passenger side windscreen wiper, glass in the rear window frame and air in the tyres.....

You can only specify the ejector seat on the T-Spirit

Actually we're both wrong! It's from Toyota regarding the recall on the faulty seat belt pretensioners that affected the 2006/7 Yaris.

• 3 weeks later...

On my Yaris Verso there is connectors for front foglights, centrallocking and seat "warmer". When I installed my foglights I was happy to see that toyota used the same cables on all Versos so everything was in place.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links