Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Gear

NiknakSi

Be sure to tune in to BBC2 at 8pm tomorrow night for Top Gear. The iQ is featured in a small car group test :)

Thanks for the heads up. :rolleyes:

Clarkson once compared the shape of the IQ to a stormtrooper's helmet! :unsure:

.........I've never seen under their armour myself....... ;)

Top Gear love the IQ according to their website reviews so not sure we need to prepare for anything too bad...unless you have inside information from seeing them record it live on Weds?

Hahaha. absolutely hilarious! The drag race was funny - how Hammond referred to our lovely iQs as the Indesit! Quieter and less vibration winners!

Out of the 3 cars, i felt the IQ was definatly the best...

Clarksons car was just awful and really cheap looking, why did he choose that?!

And Hammonds was ugly i thought!!

I suppose its each to our own really!

I quite like the Alfa. Just a drab colour, I think. Alfas should be red. :rolleyes:

I wish he hadn't called the IQ an Indesit though. :(

I know exactly what to expect at work tomorrow..........

.........and where the hell did he find all those 500's? :o

PS, I notice they give IQ 18/20 on the website,

http://www.topgear.com/uk/cars

Out of the 3 cars, i felt the IQ was definatly the best...

Clarksons car was just awful and really cheap looking, why did he choose that?!

And Hammonds was ugly i thought!!

I suppose its each to our own really!

It is clarkson after all, he chose a volvo the week before, which says it all

although I dont own an IQ, i thought it should have won the test, because the fiat is basically as.. well.. its a fiat. Enough said.

Their choice of car was pretty messed up anyway given they were supposed to be small cheap'n'cheerful cars! :lol:

I was expecting some combination of Fiat 500, Aygo/C1/107 and maybe Yaris, Fiesta, Colt, Jazz, Fox, Polo etc... but the Alfa and that Roomster thing?! Biit off-the wall!! :blink::lol:

But then this is Topgear... should be grateful they didn't turn up with lambos and zondas! :lol:

I wish he hadn't called the IQ an Indesit though. :(

I always refer to mine as the Sewing Machine :D

I still love it

Hi Guys

Watched Top Gear and then realised how bad their knowledge of cars really must be and how bad their research also must be, ever tried folding down the rear seats with the headrests still in place??? ...of course not it doesn't work, so anyone buying an iQ and owns a St Bernard don't forget to remove headrests, fold down seats and dog goes in perfectly.

I also test drove the Fiat 500 before I bought my iQ, now I am only 5'8 tall and I kept banging my leg on the gearstick, absolutely no room at all in that car, also the service costs are double the cost of the iQ and don't forget its a Fiat, couldn't believe how many had broken down in Notting Hill though!!!!!

Love my iQ

Arshavin

Watched Top Gear and then realised how bad their knowledge of cars really must be and how bad their research also must be, ever tried folding down the rear seats with the headrests still in place??? ...of course not it doesn't work, so anyone buying an iQ and owns a St Bernard don't forget to remove headrests, fold down seats and dog goes in perfectly.

I noticed that! :rolleyes:

Got called a geek when I tried to explain at workl. :lol:

He couldn't work the seats in the Alfa either, so I guess that makes it even. :rolleyes:

To be fair I think they were mostly taking the *****; It is topgear after all :lol:

The programme is really just entertainment these days & more about the presenters than the cars. I never take too much seriously on there, the website is better where they gave our little cars 17/20 I think & said it was Toyotas Ipod moment or similar.

Jaine

The programme is really just entertainment these days & more about the presenters than the cars. I never take too much seriously on there, the website is better where they gave our little cars 17/20 I think & said it was Toyotas Ipod moment or similar.

Jaine

Yup...Which is what makes it watchable...

Jaine

Yup...Which is what makes it watchable...

I think that for topgear, the critism/slagging off was very small. This is almost a glowing reference for the iq from them! I belive it went as well as any car could possibly go. Can you name a car they have shown which got less criticism? I cant.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links