Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting Fog Lamps To A 09 Yaris Tr..advice..

waxxy

my wife wants some fog lamps fitted to the 09 yaris tr i can get an offical set with cables for about 80 pounds but does anyone know how much it is too have them fitted ?

I wouldn’t do it yourself Frank, you’ll mess it up, get Mr T to do it for you. Ring for a quote.

i think your right i found a pdf book on how to do it and i was shocked just what you had to do too put in spots ..it said 2 hours to complete it !! i think thats over generous lol

You don't need to got to Toyota for that job.

Find a very good auto-electrician in your area, he'll come to your house and fit them on your driveway....or wherever you park your car.

Be a hell of a lot cheaper than Toyota and probably be as good or better than the dealers! ;)

Anyway, why did it not come with fogs as standard? :huh:

Anyway, why did it not come with fogs as standard? :huh:

Because its a 1lt TR :thumbsup:

yeh the trs dont come with fog lamps.

if i get another mechanic to do the job will that not invaidate my warrenty?on the pdf it said i had to strip loads of trim out of my car to wire them up it looked like itd take a long time and looked expensive to do.has anyone fitted them?i think toyota will be expensive

will 08 fog lamps fit a 09 yris?

I would'nt have thought so as the blanks fitted are a different shape and size therefore the fog surrounds would be different.

thanks ill not bother buying them now ..it did say 06-08 in his discription and he emailed me to say theyd fit but i thought id check first now ill save my money

i thought id check first now ill save my money

Which is why you bought a one litre TR, but you are falling into the trap of spending more money to make it up to a higher spec model. Loads of people do it, new wheels, new engines new trinkets etc, and end up spending more than it would have cost for a higher version! Crazy world :lol:

yeah i know that reece but at the time i didnt have a extra grand to et the higher spec 1.33 tr and if id waited i couldnt afford to even buy a yaris at all ,the price now is too much for me to afford.

the price i got it for was a steal so i thought id get it now and over the years slowly build it up i know eventualy ill be paying more but the parts ill buy will be better ones than id get if bought at the time of buying it.

also the price has gone up and the scrappage deal has gone down and the specs changed i calculated last night ive saved over 1000 pounds extra compared to if id bought it today !!! and if id wanted the 1.33 id need nearly 2k extra which i couldnt afford paying the 7750 pounds i initally paid has strappped me big time but i feel it was worth it and eventually id like if possible to buy and drop a 1.33 engine in it in a few years or ill swap it for a better car.

I got 1.33l TR and still with no fog lamps. They were only with SRs and T-sports in June. Now I think they are only in T-sports.

I'd like them having fitted just for pure looks, but to be honest I can't remember, when was the last time I saw fog in my area. ;)

Fog lights (front ones) are one of those strange phenomenons on cars, the majority of the time they are off and look nice but never used, but when you need them - You need them!

• 2 weeks later...
Fog lights (front ones) are one of those strange phenomenons on cars, the majority of the time they are off and look nice but never used, but when you need them - You need them!

....or you mostly see them being used, when there is no need to! :lol:

i thought id check first now ill save my money

Which is why you bought a one litre TR, but you are falling into the trap of spending more money to make it up to a higher spec model. Loads of people do it, new wheels, new engines new trinkets etc, and end up spending more than it would have cost for a higher version! Crazy world :lol:

Ain;t that the truth!

Which is exactly the reason I stretched the budget and got the SR... every time I see those wheels and spoiler i'm reminded how it was totally worth it!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links