Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Jeci

Hi Guys,

I just stumbled on this site while seaching info on MRS that I am the moment cosidering buying.

I want this car as my wife's daily and as my weekender fun car. Do you suggest it?

I cannot only afford an Jap Import, so I would like to know, if there is something to watch out for. Any Faults or letdowns?

So far I managed to see some 2000/1, either red or silver. I saw also a limited edition Racing Green with tan leather.

So Guys what do you think?

Dunno much about these mate.. the majority of is are MKII owners.

Giddlepin has one tho.. so give him a yell.

Only thing I know is Toyota Calipers have a tendancy to die and need replacing. Giddlepin can back this up.

I just stumbled on this site while seaching info on MRS that I am the moment cosidering buying. . . either red or silver

Welcome to the club.

As already mentioned not a lot of MRS owners on here yet but I'm sure help will be long soon.

Also (IMO) BLACK is the best colour for MRS.

Keep us updated if you do get one.

I see!

Do you know any good MK3 Forums, I am a bit lost so I need all the info I could find before I spend any money.

Thanks

Cheers

To tell you the truth I am considering a RED color, founf two nice examples.

Other option is the Silver but my other car is silver, ( 2004 BMW E46 320d). Than there is the Green one, a limited edtion says the dealer.

Welcome to the club :)

I'm afraid like the majkority of members I am also a MK II owner. Do a web search for MRS reviews, they should point out some of the bad points - though from what I recall, they're pretty decent vehicles with few 'let downs'.

www.mr2roc.org .. is the roadsters owners club .. and there is a www.spyderchat.com which is the US version ..

Hi Jeci.

Noticed your post and it looks like you want to use the 2 like me, the wife carbons it up all week and I de-coke it at weekends :D

Like Jimlad says, the calipers can be a bit sticky (no problems yet) , the only major faults I've had so far are a new power steering pump and It's booked in this Saturday to have all the alloys replaced.

If you check this site out ROC. It will probably give you more information :thumbsup:

Les

Hi Guys,

I just stumbled on this site while seaching info on MRS that I am the moment cosidering buying.

I want this car as my wife's daily and as my weekender fun car. Do you suggest it?

I cannot only afford an Jap Import, so I would like to know, if there is something to watch out for. Any Faults or letdowns?

So far I managed to see some 2000/1, either red or silver. I saw also a limited edition Racing Green with tan leather.

So Guys what do you think?

Mmmm...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/522266.../52386472VzEAkM

Cheers

KiwiMR2

have all the alloys replaced ??

that'll cost you a bit will it not mate ?

I'm not wealthy enough for that! (they don't call me Jimlad :P :D )

Luckily they're replacing them on warranty, apparently it's a common fault with the five spokes.

Luckily they're replacing them on warranty, apparently it's a common fault with the five spokes.

I heard that too on mk3's, is it a bubbling problem?

My mk2 rev5 has similar alloys too, before I bought it I noticed that they were bubbled (as I'd heard about the mk3's) so I got the dealer to refurbish them. They didn't do a fantastic job at refurbishing them, but I'm fairly happy, for now...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links