Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dorset Insurance Info...

Jimlad

Anyone received the latest MR2DC Logbook ??

It actually has a bit in there about Dorset. They said basically that they've heard that people thought they didn'#t charge for mods etc, which they said is untrue.

It was a whole big speil about it, if you have it read it. Basically if you were gonna do anything to your car you should contact them first to see if they will still cover you etc. ( when they say this I assume crazy mods! I know for 100% that they will not cover a MR2 with NOS installed). But also to see what the insurance increase, if any.. would be.

read it peeps... if you are doing anything to your motor.. get a letter from them first to say it's ok.

I'm gonna give them a call to see what they say regarding the Unichip I'll be getting installed soon. ( I doubt anything as I already have a Superchip fitted )

It's a big slap on the wrists ..

It's almost as if it was written just for me :angry:

sod 'em - I've gone with Adrian Flux.

It's a big slap on the wrists ..

It's almost as if it was written just for me :angry:

sod 'em - I've gone with Adrian Flux.

cheaper ??

Nout wrong with DIG.. i have had a long conversation about this.

If there are any charged then it is no more than 10% of the prmium.. we are talking heavy mods to the engine. 5% for minor engine mods.. basically it varies.

Cosmetic has no charge unless you have an A4 sheets worth.

I tell ya.. they have a very good policy!

If there are any charged then it is no more than 10% of the prmium.. we are talking heavy mods to the engine. 5% for minor engine mods.. basically it varies.

Cosmetic has no charge unless you have an A4 sheets worth.

Erm .. 30% hike over the standard quote, cause of my mods this year .. got it from Sarah herself ..

And that's on a stock engine/turbo/intercooler ..

well sarah told me it will be no more than 10%.. she assured me of that!

I did not like that fact that the Lex lot had to suffer due to accidents at track days.. no one in LOC will track race you see.. so why should we have to pay the extras.

hmm..

Nout wrong with DIG..

unless u have an accident that wasnt your fault, and in 4 months' they dont contact you once!

It's always a good idea to shop around for insurance prior to renewal. Every time I've done this, I've been pleasantly surprised....

I'm gonna give them a call to see what they say regarding the Unichip I'll be getting installed soon

Unichip? What you meant the one you can remove if you ever smack your car so the insurers wont really need to know you ever had it? :P ;)

Nah I dont know about that *cough*

Quick release mods ..

I can see me after an accident .. having to remover the wheels, brakes, suspension, bodykit, ICE ..

There would only be a Shell left ..

Unichip? What you meant the one you can remove if you ever smack your car so the insurers wont really need to know you ever had it?

Hmmm tempting, but it would be just my luck to be knocked unconscious in an accident and therefore be unable to remove the chip. Also, how does it connect to the ECU exactly? Is the original loom cut, or is it the far more elegant (and undetectable should the chip be removed) Unichip plugs into ecu and loom plugs into Unichip?

Hells yea! Even if there was a mess of wires left behind its not like you couldnt say "ah well it musta been the previous jap owner" they cant prove it.

Bah on a side note went down to my local Shell garage and found the pumps have been shut off along with the rest in my area as they all belong to one of Glasgows major drug lord type dudes to launder money. Cops have frozen all his assets lol. There goes my source of ultra cheap 75.9p Optimax GRRR :(

And besides im running a de-cat pipe on a 96 car. Its more illegal and insurance vioding than overdosing on cocaine. The chip is the least of my worries.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links