Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Disc/pad Recomendations

Corrolla18

Howdy,

What would you guys recommend as per front disc and pad combo's. Can you also let me know the best supplier for these.

Thanks

150% mtec grooved and dimpled discs with ferodo premier pads. i've had this combo for a few thousand miles much better stopping than oem or mintex could ever provide.

incidentally you can go for drilled rather than dimpled i just went with dimpled to reduce chances of cracking especially if you drive in a spirited manner you may end up cracking a disc which is drilled through. dimples serve the same purpose and reduce chances of cracking the disc.

supplier - www.mtecbrakes.co.uk for the discs and the ferodo pads your local motor factors should be able to get their hands on them.

150% mtec grooved and dimpled discs with ferodo premier pads. i've had this combo for a few thousand miles much better stopping than oem or mintex could ever provide.

incidentally you can go for drilled rather than dimpled i just went with dimpled to reduce chances of cracking especially if you drive in a spirited manner you may end up cracking a disc which is drilled through. dimples serve the same purpose and reduce chances of cracking the disc.

supplier - www.mtecbrakes.co.uk for the discs and the ferodo pads your local motor factors should be able to get their hands on them.

On a further note - just visited mtec brakes website and they don't appear to stock discs for the tte compressor or the t-sport.

that's weird because mtec sell loads of t-sport and compressor discs, the discs on my diesel are same size as t-sport hence why i could get them from mtec. ring them up and speak to them

do a quick search there have been some quite detailed brake disc/pad threads in the past.

Magic, not listed on website but have them on eBay, my fault for not checking thoroughly - will have to place an order. Cheers for the help guys.

if you not sure about eBay then just ring them up and order with your credit card that's what i did. they will also sell you some ferodo pads which i highly recommend.

rather than start a new topic, thought i'd post in here.

Just having my service at Toyota, and they told me I need new pads front & rear (£170). I told them were to go, so I'm on the lookout for decent set of pads.

Probably looking at Mintex pads, any links/prices?

also if i'm getting these fitted, would i be better off changing the discs as well?, or are the pads fairly easy to do without the discs?

thanks.

Just replaced the pads & disks on my 2004 2.0 D4D Corolla. Main reason was the discs were worn. Only done 65k miles. I went with Mintex as they do a very good online catalogue so making it easier to ensure I ordered the correct parts. Costs totalled about £195 for the whole lot. Mintex belong to the same group as Pagid & Textar & claim to be the world's largest brake manufacturer.

You can check if your discs are worn by feeling if there is a lip at the edge of the discs. For my car the front discs when new are 25mm thick & the wear limit is 23mm. For the back its 9mm down to 8mm. For me the pads last about 38k miles.

Mintex catalogue is here: http://www.mintex.co.uk/en/products-mainmenu-29/catalogues-gg-mainmenu-40/online-catalogue-mainmenu-46

If you're planning to do the work yourself there's a good guide on this forum. Toyota recommend you use special high temperature grease to lubricate the sliding pins in the calipers. Only one I could find in the UK is Cera Tec which you can buy cheaply on eBay. This is made by Pagid/Mintex (no I don't work for them).

£190 for a set of discs and pads?! they made from gold?

anyhow since a lot of people are speaking about mintex and i have rear mintex discs and pads i will say one thing: mintex WILL squeak/squeal this is irrespective of putting copper grease on the back of the pad however copper grease will help. mine are starting to squeak now cars booked in for service tomorrow anyway so i'll have them regreased but that's just a point to note.

anyone looking for a more 'performance' brake setup in the front i 100% recommend mtec discs with ferodo pads, no brake squeal and much improved stopping power over oem/mintex.

someone asked about changing discs with pads - only change discs if they need changing or will do soon, otherwise just change the pads it's not a big job an avid diy'er can do it or mechanic will charge roughly £15.

I bought the mtec discs and minted pads package from eBay for 170 and they are spot on.

Used plenty if copper grease on fitting and they haven't let out one little mouse squeak yet.

Would recommend to them on any car

How about nitrac disks and yellow stuff pads?

Any one used either?

a question for all of the MTEC crew...

what mintex pads did you recieve?

were they the mintex "xtreme" as stated in the eBay advert wording or the premium ones that are in the red box pictured in the advert? part no's would be helpful.

I've heard the xtreme pads are discontinued now.

at the moment its looking like i'm going to get either a full set (F&R), of the mintex premium pads @£45, or the ferodo premium @£95.

I'm staying away from the EBC's, trying to find other brands of the M1144 pad.

a question for all of the MTEC crew...

what mintex pads did you recieve?

were they the mintex "xtreme" as stated in the ebay advert wording or the premium ones that are in the red box pictured in the advert? part no's would be helpful.

I've heard the xtreme pads are discontinued now.

at the moment its looking like i'm going to get either a full set (F&R), of the mintex premium pads @£45, or the ferodo premium @£95.

I'm staying away from the EBC's, trying to find other brands of the M1144 pad.

i bought my discs from mtec and my ferodo pads separately. i'm using the ferodo premier pad (i think the premier is more of an oem replacement rather than spirited driving pad) although the actual braking of the car has improved so much. i now have lots of confidence in my brakes and my abs kicks in a lot less :D

i have nothing against mintex, they make damn good brake components but for some reason me and my mechanics can never get rid of that nasty squeal mintex makes. i think we must have tried every type of grease on all of God's holy earth lol!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links