Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Armest 2009 Auris

Phil_1985

Hi,

Has anyone fitted this armrest?

http://www.micksgarage.co.uk/proddetails.aspx?pid=1110880&pk=93492

I don't have an Auris myself yet, as the lack of an armrest on the pre face lift model is the sole reason preventing me from buying one! I've searched the forum for any topics of this nature, but I haven't found any topics regarding the above armrest.

Also, can anyone tell me if a 2009 2.2 diesel has a particulate filter?

Thanks

Phil

I would be more put off by drilling into my cars interior to fit one, there must be an alternative?

As for the particulate filter, Yes the 2.2 has one.

I searched around the Internet, and I can't find any..

As for the particulate filter, I understand that there is a 5th injector which is used to burn off the soot particles right? Am I correct in thinking that, from what I've read on this forum that fuel economy suffers because of this but on the other hand, it can never get clogged up by doing short journeys like other DPF systems?

I've not read about the Toyota DPF failing yet, so i think it is more reliable at the cost of MPG, but to be honest my personal experience is that the MPG is reasonable, and my car is still loosening up.

Presumably this would fit towards the rear of the centre console - otherwise accessibility to drill the required holes and fit the self tappers would be limited by the seats (without having to remove the seats first). If it does fit towards the rear of the console, I would question how well it would stand up in normal use. I would imagine that one would be tempted to lean on the armrest at times(acting almost like a lever effect - especially if the top of the armrest was slid into the forward position), and this, could in time, loosen the fitting.

Also not convinced this looks aesthetically good.

We used to have a Mazda Premacy, which had a fold down armrest on the left side of the driver's seat. In the four years we had the Premacy, we hardly ever used this armrest, and for the majority of time was left in the vertical position.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links