Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heaters Not Getting Hot

jamiects

i own a 2002 corolla t sport and the heaters are not getting hot, i have been advised to change the thermostat.

could any one give me any idea where to find the thermostat?

thanks

if you follow the black flexi hose that comes from the radiator to the engine you'll see it (may need to get the alternator out), its a wax filled "black and silver box" about the size of 4 packs of cards i'd say.

Have a read through HERE - would recommend having the Heater Matrix

reversed flushed while the coolant has been drained as they are know to give trouble.

Mick

is garden hose suitable for flushing the matrix?

Yea just turn it on slightly though incase you have a major blockage or the pressure may blow a hole in your heater matrix. I managed to use some cheap garden hose extender connections to fit the metal tubes.

ye im just back in from flushing mine wine garden hose and it worked ok no major block tho as it cam through ok after a second.

Going out to bleed the system now with new coolent but whats the best way yee found to bleed it??

• 3 weeks later...
i own a 2002 corolla t sport and the heaters are not getting hot, i have been advised to change the thermostat.

could any one give me any idea where to find the thermostat?

thanks

I was checking the water from the overflow. A garage topped up my radiator. 5 minutes. SOrted.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links