Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Standard Yaris Headunit

OOV

hi, im in the process of wiring an amp up but just thought id ask if the remote wire and phono leads will go into the back of the standard yaris cd headunit. it would be easier if they did instead of buying a new one. if so how do i wire them there (how do i get to back of headunit)

hopefully some of u guys have already done this before and can help me!!

thanx

you will need to read the how to's, RCA can be attched by using an RCA convertor (approx 30quid), the remote can be connected to the ACC on the head unit

cos I saw em for 30 quid, not been in Halfords for time(when they still had the blue logo)

Lol! Long time ago then, although some stores still have that logo :o anyways i was in there bout 3month ago and theyre 7 quid :D

the mansfield branch still has the blue logo!

apparently (and coming from folks in know who work at halfords) it means that branch is crap!

and until the reach targets they wont get the new orange logos!

hahaha! that sucks!

just get a hold of a load of charva's, get some1 to sell cheap (as if theyre not cheap enuff) corsas and novas in that area, and berghaus hats.

BUSINESS WILL BOOM!!!

the mansfield branch still has the blue logo!

apparently (and coming from folks in know who work at halfords) it means that branch is crap!

and until the reach targets they wont get the new orange logos!

'tis true. Wont get Orange and blk until sales increase bla blah They become ripspeed..........

went to Halfords n they aint no converter so ill try a different store or get one straight from autoleads on net.

any ideas on the easiest way to splice the wires guys?? i dunno how to really do it mi self so help is good

ta!!

yeah to splice the wires, get some wire splicers, grip the wires with them somewhere in the middle, splice the connection so the bare wire is revealed, rap the RCA wires around the bare wires, then secure all this with some black tape, or you dont need to splice the wires, u can just poke the RCA convertor wires into the Speakers channels within the blue box...

hope this helps,

Will.

Autoleads do one for 30 quid

where can i get it from, i dunno any other places that sell autoleads stuff?

what happend to the £8 one, 30 i quite a bit!

autoleads one plugs directly into the back of the headunit, there is a shop in Manchester that sell them, PM me for details

hmm i saw that! aint one iv got but u cud drop em an email askin them wat u require!!

Halfords really shud sell the RCA converter!! did u actually just look for it, coz if u didnt ask, i suggest u ask them coz they really shud hav em! dnt just look, enquire :thumbsup:

Erm..... I might be talking rubbish here... so bear with me...

I am wiring up my V12 Amp to the standard Yaris head unit (cant afford anything else) and I was able to buy a loom from toyota for about £15. This plugs directly into the back of the head unit and runs off two extra lines for the 6x9s that I have installed....

This any use?...prob not cause you were talking about remotes.. or something... *shrugs... I know what Im doing.. not neccessarily -how- to do it in general :P

Hehehehe

Picky of loom below (pinched from elsewhere on TOCF):

Picture%20011.jpg

i need to be able to plug the phono leads into it

yer wasnt sure with the one i put link to cos it didnt have ay wires comin of it.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links