Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Fob Programming

itsme

Does anyone know how to program a new alarm remote fob to my Rav. It's a 1996 model with the factory system 5000 alarm unit. I have found the control unit but it does not have a reset switch on this type. The fob has one red and one black button - is there a programming seqence to add a new remote?

Thanks

Does anyone know how to program a new alarm remote fob to my Rav. It's a 1996 model with the factory system 5000 alarm unit. I have found the control unit but it does not have a reset switch on this type. The fob has one red and one black button - is there a programming seqence to add a new remote?

Thanks

Think you need to ask " Bob King " he posted up the details on here a few weeks ago ............... :thumbsup:

Thanks

Think you need to ask " Bob King " he posted up the details on here a few weeks ago ............... :thumbsup:

Thanks for your help but cannot find item you referred to - I am beginning to wish I had not brought extra remote off eBay. Is there is anyone out there I need Help now. - on all other cars I have had you can go through a set of actions to program the remote. All topics I have seen are for the control unit with reset button not the type I have :help:

It now appears the alarm I have cannot be reprogram by using the fob the ecu has to be taken out - it is a 5000 alarm system - but all hope is not losted the company may not make this alarm any more but they will reprogram it and the new fobs for a very small fee.

I am also looking for a way to reprogram the fob on a 96 Rav. I have done an extensive search on the internet without any success.

I am also looking for a way to reprogram the fob on a 96 Rav. I have done an extensive search on the internet without any success.

I take it the key fob has two buttons on 1 red which is a panic button and 1 black which unlocks and locks.

there is also a slide switch on side and other a socket.

If you look under toyota supra about remote fobs you will find the phone number for the alarm company, they will tell you to remove the ecu and send with all key fobs to re-program but can not sell new key fobs has no longer made. Advise looking on internet for extra key fobs. -

Having re-read your question is this the original key fob and is it out of synchronisation?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links